ASMARA – MASSAWA – DAHLAK ISLANDS
- One night at Dahlak island, overnight in tent, full board during the cruise (breakfast, lunch, dinner including local drinks among bottled water, soft drinks and beer (4 drinks per person per day).
- All camping equipment at Dahlak camp: comfortable igloo tent (height mt 1.80), camp bed, sleeping bag, fully equipped camp kitchen and cook.
- Private transfer from Asmara to Massawa and return
- Local taxes, tourist permits, entrance fees and Dahlak tax
Price do not include:
- Entry visa
- Meals and drinks in Asmara and Massawa
- Tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance: is a MUST to have a comprehensive travel insurance covering cancellation, curtailment, medical, emergency travel and assistance, as this is compulsory on all our trips.
- Personal expenses
- All what is not included in the “Price include”
NB: Some necessary advice:
The cruise to Dahlak, requires flexibility: the overnight stay will be in tents on the islands (large igloo tents mt 2.50 x 2.50x 1.90H, equipped with camp beds, pillow, sheets and pillowcases, chairs and tables are made available by the organization); the fresh water is limited so forget about daily showers. Camp toilets will be available. Meals will be prepared by the cook who will accompany you. You will eat freshly caught fish, the bread will be the typical Danakil’s one, fried or cooked in the pan, the fruit will be available only on the first days, but there will be tea and coffee, pasta and rice, biscuits and jam for the breakfast, in addition to, for those who prefer, typical breakfast of the coast: the “foul” based on fava beans, or an omelette with the addition of green hot pepper! Are available local drinks as bottled water, soft drinks and beer (4 drinks per day per person are included, extra will be paid to the crew). Do not miss a drop of areki (the local anise), to be enjoyed in the evening, maybe on the beach, around the fire chatting with travel buddies or admiring an incredible sky with (see to believe!) millions of stars, a breathtaking view in front of which everyone remains amazed and speechless and, if we are lucky, a bright sea for the phosphorescent plankton.
Need additional info?
Please contact us and we will be very glad to assist you for any needs